Jaguar Cars Limited respects the privacy of every individual who visits its Web Sites and any information collected about you will be used to first fulfil any service you might request and secondly improve how as a Company we serve you. We do this by making appropriate use of the information.
This information will not be disclosed to anyone outside of Jaguar Cars Limited, its affiliated or associated companies, and the dealers, agencies and licensees of any of these companies, and any other companies with which Jaguar has directly or indirectly arranged services for your benefit.
It will be treated in accordance with the relevant legal provisions concerning data protection and may be initially stored and processed inside or outside the European Union anywhere in the world. It will be used only in the connection with the marketing of Jaguar products and services and related products and services.
You have the right as an individual to find out what information we hold about you and make corrections if necessary; you also have the right to ask us to not use the information.
We will make all practical efforts to respect your wishes. However certain legislation, especially related to safety issues or financial regulation (e.g. when dealing with Jaguar Financial Services) might prevent this.
JAGUAR CARS LIMITED WEB SITES - IMPORTANT INFORMATION
Due to the international nature of Jaguar's business, Jaguar processes and stores personal data outside the EU. We are obliged to ask you to agree to this. If you do not wish to, unfortunately we will not be able to process any request you make through this website.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
1. What are the benefits to me of Jaguar collecting my information?
2. What information might be collected by Jaguar Web Sites?
3. How will Jaguar collect and store this information?
4. For how long will Jaguar store this information?
5. Where will your personal information be stored?
6. Why do Jaguar collect this information?
7. Who does this policy apply to?
8. Jaguar's commitment to Children's Privacy.
9. What are cookies?
10. What are customer profiles?
11. How do I correct information about myself?
12. What options do I have if I choose to register?
13. What happens if I choose not to register?
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS TO ME OF JAGUAR COLLECTING MY INFORMATION?
Collecting this information will help Jaguar to achieve the following:
1. To make the Site easier for you to use by not having to enter information more than once.
2. Help us to provide information faster.
3. To help us create content more relevant to you.
4. To help you quickly find services or information available from Jaguar.
5. Using information to make improvements to the Site.
6. Assessing general trends within the Web Site and its use.
7. To alert you to new products, special offers, updated information and other new services that Jaguar considers to be of interest to you. Where you have given us your permission we might authorise other companies to contact you directly.
8. To display relevant product, offer and service information based on your previous browsing activities within Jaguar.com
9. To help you to store your favourite media (wallpapers, video, audio), configured cars and preferred dealer information within Jaguar.com for your future reference.
WHAT INFORMATION MIGHT BE COLLECTED BY JAGUAR WEB SITES?
At Jaguar, we intend to give you as much control as possible over your personal information. In general, you can visit Jaguar on the Web without telling us who you are or revealing any information about yourself. There are times, however,when we may need information from you, such as your name and address. It is our intent to let you know before we collect information from you on the Internet.
Even before registration we will collect anonymous information about how you have used the Web Site. This is a common standard procedure for any Web Site onthe Internet. The information collected does not personally identify you but may be helpful to us for marketing purposes or improving the services we offer.
To improve the services we offer we will also collect anonymous information aboutthe referring website (for example Google search) or the referring banner whichlead you to Jaguar.com website.
If you choose to give the Jaguar personal information via the Internet that we may need to correspond with you or provide you with a subscription, for example - it is our intent to let you know how we will use such information.If you tell us that you do not wish to have this information used as a basis for further contact with you, we will respect your wishes.
HOW WILL JAGUAR COLLECT AND STORE THIS INFORMATION?
The Site can collect information about you in a number of ways; either directly requesting it from you (as on a registration form) or by automatically recording information about your visit to this Site. For example we might collect data regarding your journey through the Site or record the options that you have chosen to take.
Information is stored in a secure environment protected by a combination ofphysical and technical measures. There is no general public access to this information.
Jaguar will store this information in a secure and protected environment for as long as we believe it will better help us to understand how we can serve you, and respect your wishes.
In addition legislation might oblige us to store this information for a certain period of time. To understand how you can amend, or update information stored about you then please refer to the appropriate question in this section.